羅省華人天主堂消息 9/11/2011 常年期第廿四主日
- 美西慈幼大家庭將於十月八日星期六在Rosemead 的Don Bosco Technical Institute舉行美西慈幼會區聖母日，慈幼大家庭包括慈幼會，母佑會，慈幼協進會，慈幼校友會及其他多個團體。當日早上九時開始至下午五時，節目包括唸玫瑰經，聖母遊行，多個關於聖母的講座及彌撒。何廣凌神父將會有中文講座，主題是: “聖母與天主聖三” 。請各教友在彌撒後與協進會會員報名。
- 羅省總教區多元文化民族部一年一度的 “文化慶祝日Celebration of Cultures” 彌撒將於九月十七日早上九時四十五分在總主教座堂舉行，彌撒將由總主教恭美智Archbishop Jose Gomez主祭, Bishops Alexander Salazar, Oscar Solis及多位不同民族的神父們共祭(包括我們的林健漢神父及伍國超神父)。彌撒中將有同民族的代表參與，彌撒後在總主教座堂的會堂有多姿多彩不同的民族表演，我們的太極老師Sandy Li師傅將會表演太極刀。敬請各教友穿着中國衣服參與這彌撒及協助表揚我們中國的文化。
- 今天有健康舞班，練習時間是12:30 – 2:30. 在聖若瑟樓舉行，請準時出席。
- 9月18日晚上5時30分美西慈幼會將在Bellflower的St.Dominic Savio Parish慶祝發愿75，65，60，50，40及25週年的會士(神父及修士)，並慶祝升神父60，50，40及25週年，其中包括慶祝林神父入會50週年及升神父40週年，如有興趣參加慶典請與Warren Lee聯絡。
- 本堂少青組(TFC) 將在九月廿四日早上八時至十二時參加義助St. Francis Center的糧食倉工作，如有興趣的教友參與這義務工作，歡迎與Ken Dong 在彌撒後報名。
- 由九月廿五開始，如在彌撒後立刻離開的教友可泊車在廚房旁的Driveway，Driveway 可停泊六至七部車輛。請教友將你的名字和手提電話號碼留在車內前窗門，方便如有需要時，招待員可如祢聯絡。歡迎各教友提供寶貴的意見給Richard Cheung繼續為教友服務。
- 兒童道理班將在9月25日復課，如家長還沒有與你們的子女為下學期的課程報名，請與Peter Wong在彌撒前或彌撒後報名。
- 太極班將於9月16日星期五復課，Sandy Li師傅開始教授四十二式太極拳及太極推手，有興趣學習者，請於當日準時出席。學習時間逢星期三及星期五，由上午十時至十一時半，費用全免，歡迎向聯絡人Raymond Woo或Francis Yau查絢詳情及提供寳貴意見。
中文彌撒：Rita Chu, Stanley Chu & Shepherd Group
英文彌撒： Linna Chu & Jacob Young
本周內彌撒意向：Lisa Lee, Maria Yu 謝主及求恩；周宅求恩，周宅謝主。
|請為以下病人祈禱：岑謝桂群，Rosa Chan， Benedict Ho，Shirley Wong，Maria H. Cheung。|
Papal Intention for September: For all the teachers, that they may convey love in truth and educate in authentic moral and spiritual values.
St. Bridget’s Chinese Catholic Church Bulletin
The Twenty Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- The Western U.S. Region of the Salesian family will host Province Marian Day, Saturday, October 8th at the Don Bosco Technical Institute in Rosemead. The Salesian family includes Salesian priests, brothers, and nuns, the Cooperators, the Old Boys, and many other organizations. The celebration will last from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and the program will include Rosary, Procession of Our Lady, many seminars on Our Lady, and Mass. Father Pedro Ho from Macau (何廣凌神父) will speak in Cantonese on Our Lady and the Trinity. The cost for the day is $12, and includes lunch and a T-shirt. Please register with the Cooperators after Mass.
- The annual “Celebration of Cultures” sponsored by the multi-ethnic ministry of the Los Angeles Archdiocese will take place on September 17th. The Mass at 9:45 a.m. will be celebrated by Archbishop Jose Gomez, and con-celebrated by Bishop Alexander Salazar and Bishop Oscar Solis, as well as many priests of different ethnicities, including our own Father John Lam and Father Jay Wu. The Mass will be attended by representatives of many ethnicities, many in native costumes, and there will be ethnic performances in the hall of the cathedral after Mass. Our own Sifu Sandy Li will perform the Tai Chi Saber. If you plan to attend, please be sure to wear traditional Chinese costume to help propagate our native culture.
- There will be Line Dance today from 12:30 to 2:30 in St. Joseph House.
- The seven attendees of World Youth Day from our church have returned safely to Los Angeles. They wholeheartedly thank all the parishioners for their support, prayers, and blessings. They will share their WYD experiences and pictures with the parishioners today after both Masses.
- September 14th is feast of Exaltation of the Holy Cross. Please attend Mass even though it is not a holy day of obligation, to celebrate Christ’s victory over sin and death through the Cross.
- September 15th is the feast of Our Lady of Sorrows. Please attend Mass to commemorate the sorrows of Our Lady and the sufferings of Christ that were the salvation of the world.
- Next Sunday September 18th, at 5:30 p.m., the Western U.S. Region of the Salesian family will celebrate the Salesian and priesthood anniversaries of the Salesian priests and brothers. The 75th, 65th, 60th, 50th, 40th, and 25th Salesian anniversaires, as well as the 60th, 50th, 40th, and 23th anniversaires of the priesthoods will be celebrated, including Father Lam’s 50th Salesian anniversary and the 40th anniversary of his priesthood. Anyone interested in attending please contact Warren Lee.
- Teen For Christ will be helping at the St. Francis Center Food Distribution Program on September 24th, from 8:00 am to 12:00pm, if you are interested in helping too, please see Ken Dong at the signup table after Mass.
- Starting on September 25th (two Sundays hence) parishioners can park in the driveway of the Mary Help of Christians house (next to the kitchen) if they leave immediately after Mass. The driveway can accommodate six or seven cars. If you decide to park there, please leave your name and cell phone number in the front windshield so you can be contacted if necessary. Parishioners are welcome to continue giving their parking suggestions to Richard Cheung.
- CCD will resume on September 25th. Parents who have not yet registered for the coming semester please do so with Peter Wong before or after Mass.
- There will be big gathering of the Legion of Mary on Sunday October 2nd, starting at 11:30 a.m. in St. Joseph House. All auxiliary members are welcome.
- Tai Chi classes will resume on Friday, September 16th. Sifu Sandy Li will begin instructions of the forty two form Yang style Tai Chi and mutual practice. Both new and old students are welcome. Please be punctual. Free classes are held every Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 11:30. Please contact Raymond Woo or Francis Yau for details and suggestions.