羅省華人天主堂消息 3/4/2012 四旬期第二主日
1. 林神父將於3月8日前往卡城永援聖母堂主持中英文退省及主日彌撤，將於3月14日返羅省；彭保祿神父將代林神父主持本堂主日中文彌撒，Fr. Chris Woerz將主持英文彌撒，教友如有需要，請與Michael Lau聯絡。
2. 堂區將於3月10日星期六早上9時至下午4時舉辦四旬期中英文退省。中文退省由彭保祿神父主講，主題為「四旬期還有意義嗎? 」。英文退省由Fr. Chris Woerz主講，主題為「Rooted in Christ- Firm in Faith」。費用為每位$12，包午餐。教友可於中英文彌撒後報名參加。
3. 今天將繼續有為〝Together in Mission〞的第二次奉献，多謝各教友熱力慷慨支持，本堂以收到了$3,250。
4. 堂區將於3月17日星期六晚上7時至9時在本堂青年中心舉辦青年分享聚會，Eric Li 將分享他參加德國柏林泰澤團體歐洲青年祈禱聚會，以及探訪香港教區的姊妹教區-德國埃森教區，與當地青年互相認識交流的經歴和體驗。歡迎各位教友，特別是青年參加。詳情請向Eric Li查詢。
5. 南加州天主教輔仁大學校友會為感念于斌樞機一生為教會、教育文化、人類及在美華人的重大貢獻，特聯合羅省華人天主堂，橙縣華人天主教聯誼會、天主教東聖蓋博谷 區聖伊莉白天主堂等華人教友團體在洛杉磯僑教中心舉辦于樞機相片展。由展出照片中可呈現出于樞機敬天愛人的一生，也是我國近代史的縮影。于樞機一生奉行聖 保䘵宗徒的精神四方傳教，令人敬佩。展覽會免費入場，並將贈送精美手冊、書籖、書卡。歡迎教友帶朋友家人踴躍參加。 時間：4 月7 日上午十時三十分（開幕典禮）至下午4 時三十分，4月8日上午十時至下午4 時三十分，地奌：洛城僑教中心 9443 T Elster Ave. El Monte,CA 91731
6. 期待已久的慈幼協進會培育課程將於今天下午一時半至二時半、在聖若瑟樓開始第一講。主講者：林健漢神父，講題是 “慈幼會的神修精神”。歡迎有興趣認識更多關於慈幼會、協進會及鮑思高神父的神修和工作的主内兄弟姊妹參加。彌撒後請與協進會員聯絡。
7. 香港教區湯漢樞機邀請林神父及2至3位教友參加香港教區舉辦的「教友職務交流大會」，日期是2012年10月26日至11月1日，如有興趣參加，請與Warren Lee聯絡並填寫「報名表恪」。
9. 聖家會將於4/21-22舉辦一個名為”天堂與地獄”–聖地牙哥兩天巴士團。只預訂了20個酒店房間，名額有限，先到先得。有興趣者請與Maggie Tsui, Mary Wu 或 Victoria Huang 報名或查詢。
10. 在這四旬期內星期五是當守小齋，晚上7時30分在聖堂內有苦路善功(拜苦路) ，紀念耶穌為拯救世人所行的苦路，請各位教友參加。拜苦路時間表是：3/2 -中文：3/9 -英文；3/16 -中文：3/23 -英文；3/30-中文：4/6 -救主受難紀念。
11. 在3月18日主日早上11時15分Edward Clark主教將到來本堂主持彌撤聖祭及慶祝結緍週年夫婦祝福。夫婦願意慶祝他們的5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50或以上結緍週年可得到主教的祝福，請與Michael Lau在聖堂外報名，費用為$25包括與主教午餐。
今日負責接待者: 中文彌撒：Peter Chan, Stanley Chu & Brian Chow英文彌撒：Joe Ng & William Tam
本周內彌撒意向：陳建基求平安，梁伙夫婦謝主及求平安，袁偉雄謝主，David Law為Timothy Law謝恩求恩。
請為以下病人祈禱： Rosa Chan， Benedict Ho，Shirley Wong， Winnie Wong，James Wong，Fr. Carmine Vario，Emily Yee，程麥麗珍。
Papal Intention for February: That the whole world may recognize the contribution of women to the development of society.
St. Bridget’s Chinese Catholic Church Bulletin
The Second Sunday of Lent
1. Father Lam will be going to Calgary on March 8th to conduct English and Chinese retreats and celebrate Mass at the Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, and will return to Los Angeles on March 14th. In his absence, Father Paul Pang will celebrate the Chinese Mass here on Sunday, March 11th, and Father Chris Woerz will celebrate the English Mass. Please contact Michael Lau for any urgent needs in that period.
2. The Lenten retreats this year will take place on March 10th. Father Paul Pang will conduct the Chinese retreat, the topic will be “Is Lent still meaningful?” Father Chris Woerz will conduct the English retreat, the topic will be “Rooted in Christ – Firm in Faith.” The cost is $12, including lunch. Please register after the Masses.
3. Second collection for “Together in Mission” this year will continue today. Our goal is $6885.64. Please give generously. To date we have already collected $3250.
4. The Parish Youth Center will host a Youth Gathering on Saturday, March 17 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Eric Li will share his experience in the Taizé Europe prayer gathering in Berlin, and the visit of the Diocese of Essen in Germany (sister Diocese of the Diocese of Hong Kong) for the Youth exchange program. We would like to invite all the parishioners, especially the youth to join this gathering. For more information please contact Eric Li.
5. The Southern California Fu Jen Catholic University Alumni Association, in appreciation and memory of Cardinal Yu Bin’s lifelong contribution to the Church, education, humanity, and especially to the Chinese community in America, has arranged for a photo exhibit of the Cardinal, in coordination with St. Bridget’s, the Orange County Chinese Catholic Association, and the Chinese Catholic organization of St. Elizabeth Seton Church in Hacienda Heights. The photographs exhibited will make evident the Cardinal’s reverence towards God and love for His people, and constitute a microcosm of the modern history of China. Cardinal Yu’s emulation of St. Paul’s missionary work is truly admirable. The exhibit will be on Saturday, April 7th from 10:30 a.m. (with an opening ceremony) to 4:30 p.m. at the Los Angeles Overseas Chinese Education Center, 9443 Telster Ave., El Monte CA 91731. Admission is free, with gifts of booklets, bookmarks, and cards. Parishioners are encouraged to bring their families and friends.
6. The long waited Salesian Cooperator Formation Talk will begin next Sunday, March 4th, from 1:30PM to 2:30PM at St. Joseph House Rm.#2. The speaker will be Fr. John Lam. We welcome all who are interested in the life and works of St. John Bosco and of the Cooperators, please see the Cooperator members after Mass.
7. Archbishop John Tong and the Diocese of Hong Kong will be organizing a “World wide Convocation of Chinese Catholics of Religious and Laity”, and has invited Fr. John Lam and 2 to 3 parishioners to represents St. Bridget in this gathering scheduled forOct. 26 to Nov.1, 2012, please see Warren Lee for application.
8. On Saturday March 17th, the Everyoung Society will celebrate the twentieth anniversary of its founding, as well as the Feast of St. Joseph, its patron saint. Initiation of new members and the sacrament of anointing will be conducted. There will be a luncheon at Empress Pavilion after Mass. The cost of the luncheon is $10. All elders and members are reminded to register.
9. In the weekend of April 21 to 22, the Holy Family Society will have a two day bus trip to San Diego, nicknamed “Heaven and Hell”. Only 20 hotel rooms are reserved, and the limited reservations are given on a first come, first served basis. If you are interested, please inquire or register with Maggie Tsui, Mary Wu, or Victoria Huang.
10. Parishioners are reminded that during the Lenten season (February 22nd through April 6th), abstinence should be observed for all the Fridays, when we will also have station of the cross at 7:30, to commemorate the Via Dolorosa that Jesus walked for our salvation. Fast should also be observed on Good Friday April 6th. Stations of the Cross schedules are as followed: Mar. 2, 16, 30 are in Chinese: Mar.9, 23 are in English.
11. Bishop Clark will be here on March 18th to celebrate Mass and bless those couples whose anniversaries are divisible by five or over fifty. Please register with Michael Lau outside the church. The cost is $25, including lunch with the bishop.