羅省華人天主堂消息 8/26/2012 常年期第二十一主曰
1. 誠心多謝Fr. Ajay Tiru到本堂為教區的Mission Cooperative Plan 2012募捐，共捐得$3068.00，誠心多謝教友的慷慨捐肋。
2. 羅省總教區多元化民族部一年一度的 “文化慶祝日Celebration of Cultures” 彌撒將於九月八日早上九時四十五分在總主教座堂舉行，彌撒將由總主教恭美智Archbishop Jose Gomez主祭,Cardinal Roger Mahony, Bishops Alexander Salazar, Oscar Solis及多位不同民族的神父們共祭(包括我們的林健漢神父)。彌撒中將有不同民族的代表參與，當日我們多位教友將出席參與及服務。敬請各教友穿着中國衣服參與這彌撒及協助表揚我們中國的文化。
3. 少青組Teens for Christ將於9月8曰星期六早上11時30分至下午2時30分到St. Francis Center作義工，詳情請與Ken Dong詢查。
4. 本堂區太極班定於9月12日(星期三) 復課，練習時間逢星期三、五，由上午9時30分至11時。星期三由Chuck Yu導師教授楊家太極拳四十八式，星期五由Sandy Li師父教授基礎太極拳及養生太極杖，歡迎教內及教外朋友參加學習，費用全免，有與趣參加者請於復課當曰準時出席，如需詳細資料，請向Raymond Woo或Francis Yau 查詢。
7. 教友何天本Benedict Ho於8月22日蒙主寵召，請各教友為他靈魂安息祈禱，喪禮將於8月27曰星期一上午十時在百老匯殯儀館舉行-2730 N. Broadway。
8. 加州華人天主教生活營還接受報名。今年的主題是：“主的呼喚：你會回應祂嗎？”請來認識有關聖召並回應主的召叫，現在的生活是不是天主要我度的生活呢。今年的生活營將在8月31日至9月3日在聖堤巴巴拉古傳教站舉行。學生和沒有工作者$150，已在工作者 $200。詳情請與Nathan Lau查詢或瀏覽網址www.cacclc.org.
9. 下學期兒童道理班將在九月二十三日開始，請各家長為你們的孩子與Peter Wong 報名。如你6，7歲的孩子還沒有領聖體，請也與Peter Wong報名參加初領聖體班。
中文彌撒：Brian Chow, Peggy Yip & Patrick Yip
英文彌撒：Peter Chung & Ken Dong
本周內彌撒意向：James & Maria Leung求恩求平安， Anthony & Juliana Wong謝主。
煉靈（亡者）彌撒：何天本Benedict Ho，Fr. Craig O’Neil，楊明超，劉然炎及劉李寶瀅，符月桂，黎伍嫣文，諸衆煉靈。
請為以下病人祈禱：Fr. Chris Woerz，葉修女，Rosa Chan， Benedict Ho，Shirley Wong， Winnie Wong， Fr. Carmine Vairo，Emily Yee，程麥麗珍，鄺瑞儀，何天本。
Papal Intention for August: That prisoners may be treated with justice amd respect
For their human dignity.
St. Bridget’s Chinese Catholic Church Bulletin
The Twenty First Sunday in Ordinary Time
1. We sincerely thank Fr. Ajay Tiru for helping solicit funds for the Archdiocese’s Missionary Cooperative Appeal for this year. A total of $3068 was collected from our church. Sincere thanks are also due to the parishioners for their generosity.
2. The annual “Celebration of Cultures” Mass sponsored by the multi-ethnic ministry of the Los Angeles archdiocese will be celebrated on Saturday, September 8 at 9:45 a.m. in the Cathedral. The Mass will be celebrated by Archbishop Jose Gomez, with concelebrants Cardinal Roger Mahony, Bishop Alexander Salazar, Bishop Oscar Solis, and many priests of different ethnicity, including our own Father Lam. The Mass will be attended by representatives of many different ethnic groups, and we will have many parishioners attending and helping. Parishioners are requested to wear traditional Chinese apparel to help celebrate our culture.
3. Teens for Christ (TFC) will volunteer at St. Francis Center on Saturday, September 8 from 11:30 to 2:30. For details please contact Ken Dong.
4. The Tai Chi class will resume on Wednesday, September 12. Classes are held on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 11. On Wednesdays Chuck Yu will teach the forty eight Yang style Tai Chi. On Fridays Sifu Sandy Li will teach basic Tai Chi Ch’uan and Tai Chi Staff for health. All those interested, whether parishioner or not, are welcome, but please be punctual when classes resume. For detailed information, please inquire with Raymond Woo or Francis Yau.
5. Line Dance will resume today from 12:30 to 3:30.
6. His Eminence Cardinal Paul Shan Kuo-Hsi, S.J. passed away from pneumonia in the evening of August 22 in Taiwan. Please pray for the repose of his soul.
7. Parishioner Benedict Ho was recalled by the Lord on August 22. Please pray for the repose of his soul. Funeral service will be held on Monday, August 27 at 10 a.m. at the Broadway Mortuary at 2730 N. Broadway.
8. The California Chinese Catholic Living Camp is still accepting registration. This year’s theme is “Super You, Super Me – Are we who we’re called to be? 主的呼喚：你會回應祂嗎?” Come and learn more about vocations and what God is calling you to be in your life, and meet lots of new friends! CACCLC will be at Old Mission Santa Barbara – Friday, August 31 to Monday, September 3. The cost for Students and Unemployed registrants is only $150; and $200 for Working. For more details, please see Nathan Lau or visit http://www.cacclc.org.
9. C.C.D. for next school year will resume on September 23, 2012. Please register with Peter Wong. And if your six- or seven-year-old has not received Holy Communion yet, please also register with Peter Wong for the First Communion class.
10. Tomorrow is the memorial of St. Monica. It was through her tearful prayers that her beloved son St. Augustine returned to the Church. She was indeed a great model for a all mothers.
11. Tuesday, August 28 is the memorial of St. Augustine, bishop and doctor, in memory of both his wild youth, and his conversion in 387 A.D. when he was baptized by St. Ambrose in Milan.
12. Wednesday, August 29 is the memorial of the martyrdom of St. John the Baptist. He was a great prophet who was not afraid of power or violence, and willingly gave up his life to preach the commandments of the Lord.