羅省華人天主堂消息 10/21/2012 常年期第二十九主曰
- 10月23日至11月13日林神父將前往香港參加「教友職務交流大會」並度假，Mary Huang會在堂區辦事處工作，直至Michael Lau 在11/5返回工作崗位。
- 10月28日中文彌撒將由Fr. Francis Ng主持，英文彌撒由Fr. Franklin Fong主持。
- 方濟會的Franklin Fong 神父在去年的將臨期帶領本堂教友一天退省日，我們中許多人都認識，欣賞他。10月28日他跟另一位方濟會神父再到羅省為我們奉獻英語彌撒。又安排於彌撒後1:30與各位教友聚會，淺談方濟會的神修，事務。請各位抽空參加彌撒及聚會。
- 恭賀英語彌撒輔祭選出新領導：正組長Alvin Tsui，副組長Tiffany Chau。今天於英語彌撒神父派授委任及祝福。彌撒後，輔祭及家人可享受午餐，以嘉鼓勵。
- 今年將臨期退省將於12月1日上年9時至下午4時舉行，中文講者是伍國超神父(Fr. Jay Wu) ，英文退省是Fr. Joseph Kim由San Jose來特別為南加州青少年主持，請各教友盡快報名。
- 2013至2014年的堂區牧民議會將在十一月尾改選新任牧民議會會員，任期為兩年。牧民議會會員的職責包括提供意見及幫助主任神父在堂區福傳工作，發展，及堂區日常事務。敬請各教友提名可參與下屆的議會的人選。議會會員提名表將由Joseph Ng， Warren Lee或招待員提供。
- 本堂教友黄盧燕輝於十月十七日(星期三)晚上七時在美以美醫院(Methodist Hospital)安息主懷，林神父於下午五時到醫院探望她，為她傅油，願天主赦免她的罪，領她到永生。喪禮安排，容後通告。
中文彌撒：Peter Chan, Stanley Chu & Janice Fu
英文彌撒： Ken Dong & William Tam
本周內彌撒意向：Gerald V. Viray謝主，St. Padre Pio Prayer Group謝主，盧楊月華謝主，黃周彩琴謝主。
|請為以下病人祈禱：Fr. Chris Woerz，葉修女，Rosa Chan，Shirley Wong， Winnie Wong， Fr. Carmine Vairo，Emily Yee，程麥麗珍，鄺瑞儀。|
Papal Intention for October: That the new evangelization may progress in the oldest Christian countries.
St. Bridget’s Chinese Catholic Church Bulletin
The Twenty Ninth Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Today is World Mission Sunday. Please give generously to the second collection for its support.
- Father Lam will take a trip to Hong Kong from Tuesday, October 23 through Tuesday, November 13 in order to attend the “Lay Affairs Interchange Convention” (translated from the Chinese) and also take a holiday. In the absence of both Father Lam and Michael Lau, Mary Huang will be working in the Parish office, until the return of Michael Lau on Monday, November 5.
- On Sunday, October 28, Father Francis Ng will celebrate the Chinese Mass, and Fr. Franklin Fong will celebrate the English Mass.
- After Mass on October 28, the Franciscan Father Franklin Fong and another Franciscan priest will give a talk, beginning 1:30, on Franciscan spirituality and affairs. Father Fong led an Advent retreat for us last year, and is well known and appreciated by many of us. We encourage the parishioners to take this opportunity to attend the Mass and talk.
- Congratulations to the newly elected officers of the English Mass Altar Servers: President Alvin Tsui and Vice-president Tiffany Chau. During the English Mass today Father Lam will officially appoint and bless them. A luncheon is prepared after Mass for all the altar servers and their families.
- To commemorate All Souls Month (November), on Saturday, November 17, the Legion of Mary and the Bereavement Committee will offer Rosary recitation at 9 a.m. and a memorial Mass at 9:30 for these intentions:
- For the deceased served by the two sodalities this year. Their families are invited to attend.
- For members and family and friends who have returned to the Lord.
- For parishioners and family and friends who have returned to the Lord. All parishioners are welcome to attend.
- Our parish will hold a Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, November 18, with a talent show before dinner. All parishioners and family and friends are welcome to display their talents, such as singing, playing instruments, dancing, and rapping. Details will be announced later.
- The annual potluck luncheon and election of the Hospitality Group will take place today after the English Mass in Conference Room #1.
- This year’s Advent Retreat will be held on Saturday, December 1 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fr. Jay Wu will give the Chinese retreat, and Fr. Joseph Kim will come from San Jose specifically to give the English retreat to the youths of southern California. Please register as soon as possible.
- Elections for the at-large members of the Parish Pastoral Council for 2013 to 2014 will be held at the end of November. They will serve for a term of two years. Their duties include offering their opinions during meetings, and helping the pastor in his pastoral work, church development, and regular church affairs. Parishioners are requested to submit nominations. Nominating forms can be obtained from Joseph Ng, Warren Lee, or Hospitality Group members (Mass ushers).
- The forms for request of prayers for the deceased for November will be distributed today. Please deposit into the specified box after filling them out.
- Parishioner Mrs. Wong (黄盧燕輝) was recalled by the Lord on Wednesday, October 17 at 7 p.m. in the Methodist Hospital. Father Lam had visited her at 5 p.m. and given her the anointment of oil. May God forgive her sins and grant her everlasting life. Details of funeral arrangements will be announced on a later date.