2. 1月27日本堂隆重慶祝慈幼會會祖聖若望鮑思高瞻禮，聯合中英文彌撒於上午10時開始，美西會長Fr. Tim Ploch主禮。同日本堂慈幼協進會將義賣午餐（叉燒烏冬湯麵）為東羅省慈幼青年中心籌募經費。餐券每張五元。請踴躍支持並幫助弱勢社群的青年。願主祝福大家。
3. 2月10日Bishop Edward Clark將會到本堂慶祝新春彌撒，祭祖典禮及祝福結婚週年紀念，當日聯合中英文彌撒於上午10時開始，夫婦慶祝5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50年及以上結婚週年者請與Michael Lau登紀。每對夫婦費用為$25包括祝賀證書及與主教午餐。
4. 你想你的年青子女或孫兒了解更多的中國文化嗎？為迎接蛇年的來臨，青年牧民部將在2月3日下午12:30至3時，為14歲及以下的兒童舉辦「兒童新春同樂日」。通過有趣及互動的新年故事，小手工，寫揮春，嚐美食等活動，帶領孩童們對中國新年文化意義產生興趣。當日更有醒獅與兒童及家人合照。我們更鼓勵參加者當日穿上中式服裝，及帶來你喜愛的賀年食品與孩童們分享。有意帶孩子參與這個益智有趣兼歡樂的活動嗎？請於1月31日前與Selina Ko, Daniel Choy, Richard Cheung報名，或電郵至events.email@example.com。
7. 聖家會提早於2/3/13 團年 (午餐12:30開始). 當日除有會務報告及神修外, 並有豐富午餐及娛興節目. 希望各會員踴躍參加, 為了預備充足的食物, 務請參加者在2/3/13 前通知Victoria Huang 或其他officers。
8. 免費報稅服務(Vita Program) 將於2月2日在本堂開始至4月13日，凡有興趣參加稅務義工者，請與Raymond Wong聯絡，1月19曰上午9時IRS將在本堂若瑟樓開班訓練報稅員。
9. 為慶祝二月一日堂區主保慶日，堂區將舉行St. Bridget of Ireland填色比賽，歡迎所有兒童(K-Grade 6) 參加。參加截止日期為一月二十七日。詳情請留意海報。請向Eric Li, Daniel Choy 或Theresa Ho 索取填色表格及遞交參賽作品。
本周內彌撒意向：Benita Chen謝恩，華美娟合家求平安健康，揚月薔(德肋撤) 求平安健康，龐嘉華謝主，陳思楊謝主，Joleen Locanas謝主。
煉靈（亡者）彌撒：蔡冰輝，黄盧燕輝，盧榮(若望)，陳瑪麗為諸眾煉靈，Peter, Paul & Wun Fran 為Phuc Vu的安息獻彌撒。
請為以下病人祈禱： Sophia Yu， Winnie Wong，Fr. Carmine Vairo，Emily Yee，程麥麗珍，鄺瑞儀，Winnie Ng，Shirley Wong。
中文彌撒接待員：Janice Fu, Jacqueline Tong, Daniel Choy
St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church Bulletin
1/20/2013 Second Sunday of Ordinary Time
1. January 21st, Monday is the Feast Day of St. Agnes (Virgin & martyr), and the birthday of Martin Luther King. The parish office will be closed for the holiday. In case emergency, please call Fr. Lam at (323) 382-5922..
2. The parish will celebrate the Feast Day of St. John Bosco, the founder of the Salesian Society, on Sunday on January 27th with a combined Chinese / English Mass. The Salesian Provincial, Fr, Tim Ploch, SDB will the principal celebrant. After Mass, St. Bridget Salesian Cooperator will sell Cha Siu Udon lunch in support of the Boys and Girls Club in East Los Angeles. The price is $5.00 per person. Tickets will be sold at the patio after Mass. Please kindly support this event.
3. On February 10th, Bishop Edward Clark will come to St. Bridget to celebrate Chinese New Year Mass, preside over the Ancestral Veneration and give blessings to couples celebrating their 5.10,15,20,25,30.35,40;45,50 years and above wedding anniversary. Couple wishing to participate in this event, please register with Michael Lau. Cost is $25 per couple including lunch with Bishop and blessing certificate.
4. Would you like your young children or grandchildren to learn more about the Chinese culture? In welcoming the Year of Snake, Youth Ministry is sponsoring a Chinese New Year Children Fun Day on Feb 3rd, 12:30-3pm, for children 14 and under. There will be fun and interactive activities for Children to get excited about the Culture of Chinese New Year, through storytelling, crafts, calligraphy, and food tasting. Family can also have photo session with Lion. Participants are encouraged to wear Chinese attire and bring your favorite CNY food/snacks to share. Anxious to bring your kids to this fun and exciting event? RSVP to Selina Ko, Daniel Choy, Richard Cheung, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 31st.
5. Please pray for the Confirmation Class students and their chaperones. They will be going to a retreat from January 25th to the 27th at the Sacred Heart Sisters Retreat Center at Big Bear.
6. Marriage Encounter(Cantonese Chapter) has donated $1,062, the remainder of its fund balance, to St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church’s Evangelization Fund. Our sincere thanks to the generosity of the members of the Marriage Encounter. May God’s grace and love be always with them and their families.
7. Holy family will celebrate the Chinese New Year early on 2/3, 12:30PM at St. Joseph House. Other than official report and spiritual sharing. A delicious luncheon will be served. Please sign up with Victoria or other officers
8. Once again, St. Bridget will offer the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) in conjunction with IRS from February 2nd to April 13th. On January 19th, 9AM, IRS will begin training for the volunteers. We are seeking volunteers to staff this program. If you are interested, please contact Raymond Wong for details
9. To celebrate the feast day of our parish patron saint on Feb 1, the parish is hosting a coloring contest of St. Bridget of Ireland. We welcome all the children (from K to Grade 6) to participate in this contest. The DEADLINE of the entry submission is Sunday, Jan 27 after the combined mass. Please see the poster for further information and contact Eric Li, Daniel Choy or Theresa Choy to obtain the coloring page and submit your entry.
English Mass Greeters: Christina & Jason Tsui