1. 農曆新年快到了,因為華埠有遊行2/6,2/13兒童道理班都不能上課, 2/20十點主教主持新年彌撒, 不能上課, 故要停課一次, 在2/27 才能繼續上課,當天有<背誦經文比賽>,放假期間請在家中幫助小朋友溫習經文. 2/20 堅振班有避靜,請為他們祈禱. 恭祝兔年健康,主寵滿溢! 祝兔年健康快樂!! 我與老師們非常感謝各位去年的照顧與合作。 主內 葉修女敬上。
2. 本堂由1/29起至4/16止為本堂教友及鄰近社區低收入人仕免費報2010年的個人入息稅. 只要家庭總收入不超過$40,000, 便可接受此項服務. 請大家通知可享用這項服務的親友. 查眴及預約電話 (323)222-5518。
3. 本堂定於2月20日早上10時為迎接兔年新春舉行新春彌撤，Edward Clark主教將為主祭亦為慶祝結緍週年的夫婦祝福。請各夫婦慶祝他們的5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50或以上結緍週年的祝福，請與Michael Lau或Cecilia Chan在聖堂外報名，費用為$25包括與主教午餐。
4. 2011年的奉獻信封收到了，未頒取者，請於彌撒後向Dr. Won Ng領取。
6. 今天聖家會在聖若瑟樓舉行例會. 為了歡送虎年及迎接兔年, 會議後有燒豬午餐, Karaoke, line dance, …等娛慶. 請各會員參加, 每位$5. 午餐12:30開始.
7. Peter Wong的母親Mrs. Shiu Fa Wong 在星期一回歸天國，喪禮將在San Diego舉行，請為她的靈魂安息祈禱。
11. 男童軍和小狼隊將在2/6舉行童軍主日,在英文彌撒中擔任多項職務和有頒章禮.彌撒後將有Blue & Gold慶祝.
12. Michael Lau 將於2月3日至11日告假，在這期間如有教友可幫助聖堂作義工，暫代他作堂區秘書，請與林神父直接聯絡。
中文彌撤 – Peter Chan, Thomas Woo, Eddie Choi
英文彌撤- Mary Wu & Betty Ng
本周內彌撒意向: 羅思虹謝主及求平安，蔡祥裕爻蔡三妹合家庭謝主，胡發洪合家謝主，載玉英謝主，華美娟及李仕文合家謝主，劉朱敬端謝主及求平安，Fr. Paul Scandor,O.P. 求手術順利，Melba Sales 求手術順利，李鉻謝主，蔡蒞臨合家謝主。
煉靈（亡者）彌撒：余林蕰純，潘何高倩老太， Joseph Wing Shew Mah，黃真，Concefcion L. Salud，Monica Chan，Mrs. Shiu Fa Wong，諸眾煉靈。
潘老太，馮老太，黄真，Joseph Wing Chew Mah。
請為以下病人祈禱，求主賜他們早日康復：岑謝桂群， Rosa Chan，于李惠芳， Tammy Wong，Freida Chan。
Papal Intention for January: That the richness of creation be preserved, valued and made available to all as a precious gift from God to mankind.
— English Version —
St. Bridget’s Chinese Catholic Church Bulletin
The Feast of St. John Bosco (celebrated)
1. Message from Sister Grace: due to various Chinese New Year’s activities, (Chinatown parades on 2/6 and 2/13, the bishop’s Mass here on 2/20) CCD classes will be suspended until 2/27. On that day there will be a prayer recitation competition. Please help your children review the prayers during the break. On 2/20 the confirmation class will have a retreat. Please pray for them. Wishing you all a healthy year of the Rabbit, filled with God’s grace. The teachers and I are very thankful for your support and care this past year.
2. Our church will participate in VITA, which is a free income tax service for neighboring low income families, from January 29th through April 16th. You can avail yourself of this service if your family income is below $40,000. Please inform your family and friends. For information or appointment, please call (323)222-5518.
3. We will welcome the New Lunar Year of the Rabbit on February 20th at 10 a.m. Bishop Clark will celebrate Mass and bless the couples celebrating their wedding anniversaries. Couples who wish to celebrate their anniversaries (multiples of 5 or over 50) please contact Michael Lau or Cecilia Chan after Mass. The cost is $25, including lunch with the bishop.
4. Donations envelopes for 2011 are available. Please pick them up after Mass today.
5. To celebrate the Feast of St. John Bosco, the Cooperators will prepare refreshment and an exhibit to share with the parishioners.
6. The Holy Family Society will have a special meeting today in St. Joseph House, to bid farewell to the year of the Tiger and welcome the year of the Rabbit. There will be a roast pig lunch, Karaoke, line dance… after the meeting. The cost is $5 per member. Lunch will begin at 12:30.
7. Mrs. Shiu Fa Wong, the mother of Peter Wong, was recalled by the Lord on Monday. Funeral services will be held in San Diego. Please pray for the repose of her soul.
8. Monday January 31st is the Feast of St. John Bosco. Please attend Mass on that day and pray for the blessing of the saint.
9. February 4th is the second day of the lunar new year, and also first Friday of the month. There will be adoration of the Host at 6:30 p.m., and a special new year’s Mass to venerate the Sacred Heart at 7:30. May the Lord bless all of you and your families.
10. On February 5th in Rome, Father Hong will be ordained archbishop by Pope Benedict, and appointed Executive Secretary of the Worldwide Apostolate. We wholeheartedly give him our congratulations. And although we cannot be there to participate, we will celebrate Mass at 9:30 a.m. that day in his honor.
11. The Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts will celebrate Scout Sunday on February 6th. They will assume all the lay duties in the English Mass, during which there will also be an awards ceremony. There will be a Blue and Gold celebration after Mass.
12. Michael Lau will be taking a vacation from February 3rd to 11th. If anyone wishes to volunteer to assume the work of parish secretary during that period, please contact Father Lam.