1) June 11 (Friday): Feast of The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, there will be Adoration at 7:30pm and Mass in honor of Sacred Heart of Jesus at 8:00pm, you are all welcome.
2) Next Sunday, 6/13, the parish will conduct the semi-annual collection of retirement fund for archdiocesan priests. We need your support in this endeavor. Please drop off your donation in specially marked collection box at church or make donation via mail, PayPal, Bill Pay (see instructions in bulletin).
3) Mr. Wong Tjau Thin, father of Virginia, Sophia, and Gordon, was called home by the Lord. Burial of ashes took place on May 26. There will be a memorial Mass on Saturday, 6/19 at 9:30 AM here at St Bridget. Please pray for the repose of his soul.
4) The new 2021-2022 RCIA class will start in July 11. We would like to ask you to invite your family’s member, friends or neighbor, who do not know about God or those baptized and want to learn about the Catholic faith again, to join the RCIA class. Please contact Fr. Lam, Sister Maria Lai, Savio Chan, Connie Lau, David Law or Eric Li.
5) St. Bridget summer program 2021 targeting children 3-14 has started registration. The program will run from 6/13-8/8 mostly virtual with some in-person participation towards the end. We aim for continuing our success from last year bringing in joy and fun, building friendship and a sense of community to our SB community while learning about our CULTURE, latest TECH, concept of MONEY, etc. For registration, please contact Peter Chan, Maggie Lee or Wanching Law.
6) St. Bridget is offering scholarships to parishioner’s children, who attend the church regularly and help serve our church community. Eligible applicants should be enrolled in high school (9th to 12th grade) or be an undergraduate in college. Applications can be picked up from Fr. Lam’s office, or from Ken Dong by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be evaluated based on service to St. Bridget, and the community, as well as their academic achievement. All interested applicants should submit their application with a brief essay describing their service to St Bridget and to the community, and what it means to them.
7) Together In Mission: the goal assigned for St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church this year is $10,165. As of 5/30/21, we have collected $2,034. We need your support in this endeavor. Please drop off your donation in specially marked collection box at church or make donation via mail, PayPal, Bill Pay (see instructions in bulletin).
8) Now the Coronavirus Pandemic conditions have improved, the Archdiocese will resume to normal gradually, Fr. Lam will resume our regular 7:30pm First Friday Sacred Heart of Jesus Devotional Mass at church. On the 3rd Friday of every month, Fr. Peter Pong will be leading Lectio Divina for us at 8:00pm. All are welcome to join! Next meeting on 6/18/2021.
9) According to the instructions given by the Archdiocese, determine by the pastor, Mass can be celebrated indoor/outdoors. All mass attendees must always wear face masks and maintain 6’ social distance. Parishioners who would like to attend Mass in-person, please continue to register.
We rely on the generosity of our parish community to be able to support our ministries, pay our staff and meet our financial obligations. Since the Sunday Mass has been suspended, we would appreciate anything that you can continue to do for your parish. You may make your donation using the following methods:
Via Postal Service:
Make check payable to: SBCCC
Address: 445 Cottage Home Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Via PayPal: Donation can be made through PayPal; the Parish’s account name is: email@example.com. For those not familiar with PayPal, click on the Donate button link on the Church’s website (https://home.stbridgetccc.com/), donation can be made with credit card. Remember to check the “share your mailing address with St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church” box if you desire to receive donation receipt at year end.
Via Bill Pay: Most banks have the “Bill Pay” feature. You may use this feature to make donation to the Parish. Add “St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church” as a new payee. Address: 445 Cottage Home Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Phone: 323 222 5518. Your bank will send a paper check to the Parish, saving you the trouble of writing and sending a check.
2) 下星期日, 六月十三日, 本堂為教區指定半年一次籌募教區神職人員退休基金。 希望各位教友鼎力支持。 請將捐款投入教堂專用奉獻箱, 或用支票, PayPal, Bill Pay 等方法 (請參考堂區通訊內的指引) 將捐款寄到本堂。
3) 教友Virginia , Sophia 和 Gordon 的爸爸黄祖添先生蒙主寵召, 骨灰已於5月26日安葬。追思彌撒將於6月19日, 星期六上午9:30在本堂舉行, 請為他的靈魂祈禱，求主賜予安息。
4) 新一屆成人慕道課程 (2021-22) 將於7月11日開始。現誠邀你身邊的親朋好友和左鄰右里，不論是未認識天主教信仰或是有興趣再慕道者，來參加成人慕道課程。詳情請向林神父、黎修女、Savio Chan, Connie Lau, David Law 或 Eric Li 聯絡 。
5) 羅省華人天主堂2021年夏令營現在正式接受三歲至十四歲的兒童報名。該夏令營將於6月13日至8月8日舉行。活動大部分以網上形式進行。因著去年夏令營的口碑，我們希望今年再接再厲，在輕鬆和有趣的環境下學習我們的文化，最新的科技，金錢的概念等等，從而建立友誼，及增加對我們堂區的歸屬感。有興趣報名的朋友，請聯絡Peter Chan, Maggie Lee 或Wanching Law。
6) 羅省華人天主堂向區內居民的孩子提供獎學金，他們應時常參與教會活動並服務我們的教會團體。 符合條件的申請人應就讀高中（9至12年級）或大學學仕課程。 可以從林神父的辦公室獲取申請表格﹐或給Ken Dong電子郵件，電郵地址是kklace@sbcglobal.net。 將根據對羅省華人天主堂和社區的服務以及他們的學術成就來評估申請人。 所有感興趣的申請人都應提交簡短文章，說明他們對羅省華人天主堂和社區的服務以及這一切對他們的意義。
7) 『共襄福傳』: 本年度羅省華人天主堂的指定籌募目標為$10,165。截至 5/30/21, 我們籌得的款項累計為 $2,034。 希望各位教友鼎力支持。 請將捐款投入教堂專用奉獻箱, 或用支票, PayPal, Bill Pay 等方法 (請參考堂區通訊內的指引) 將捐款寄到本堂。
地址: 445 Cottage Home Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
捐獻經PayPal; 堂區的賬號是: firstname.lastname@example.org. 不熟識 PayPal 的教友, 可在堂區的網站 (https://home.stbridgetccc.com/)按 Donate button 即可。捐獻可用信用卡支付。如要年终的捐獻收據, 請在 “share your mailing address with St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church” 的小方格打勾。
經個人銀行支付 (Bill Pay):
大多銀行有網上付賬的功能. 教友可用此功能捐獻。 加 “St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church” 入 新賬戶; 填上堂區地址: 445 Cottage Home Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. 電話: 323 222 5518 即可。 這個 功能有別於直接過賬, 只是銀行代你郵寄支票到堂區, 省卻你們的麻煩
Saints of this week
1) 6/9 (Wed): St. Ephrem of Syria (Deacon, Doctor)
2) 6/12 (Sat): The Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary
1) 6月09日(星期三): 聖義範 (執事﹐聖師)
2) 6月12日(星期六): 聖母無玷聖心節