1) Sincere thanks be to God and Our Lady Mary of China, for the successful completion of the Groundbreaking Ceremony. We also thank the parishioners and benefactors for their great support.
2) Congratulations to Magdalene Kho, Catherine Wan, Michael Warsono, & Anika Wong for receiving their Sacrament of Confirmation today at St. Peter Italian church! Please continue to pray for them that they will continue to live out their Christian faith with the guidance of the Holy Spirit every day of their lives.
3) Our senior parishioner Shuk Han Wong returned to Our Heavenly Father on April 17, 2021; her funeral arrangement will be on May 17, 2021 at 2:30 pm Forest Lawn – Covina Hills.
4) St. Bridget is offering scholarships to parishioner’s children, who attend the church regularly and help serve our church community. Eligible applicants should be enrolled in high school (9th to 12th grade) or be an undergraduate in college. Applications can be picked up from Fr. Lam’s office, or from Ken Dong by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be evaluated based on service to St. Bridget, and the community, as well as their academic achievement. All interested applicants should submit their application with a brief essay describing their service to St Bridget and to the community, and what it means to them.
5) Together In Mission: The goal assigned for St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church this year is $10,165. We need your support in this endeavor. Please drop off your donation in specially marked collection box at church or make donation via mail, PayPal, Bill Pay (see instructions in bulletin).
6) Happy Easter! Thank you for joining us in prayers on the 1st and 3rd Fridays on Zoom or YouTube during the past 7 months and participating in our virtual stations of the cross over Lent. As we move into the Easter season, Fr. Lam will resume our regular 7:30pm First Friday Sacred Heart of Jesus Devotional Mass at church. On the 3rd Friday of every month, Fr. Peter Pong will be leading Lectio Divina for us at 8:00pm. All are welcome to join! Next meeting on 5/21/2021.
7) Our senior parishioner Ruby Louis returned to Our Heavenly Father on May 4. Her funeral will be on May 20 (Thursday), Rosary at 8:30am, followed by Mass of Resurrection at 9:15am, Final Commendation and burial in Forest Lawn Glendale. (For details, please see Funeral Announcement page.)
8) From May 22 to May 25, 2021 Fr. John Lam will go to San Francisco to attend the Diaconate Ordination of Bro. Peter Duc Le. During his absence, Fr. Peter Pong, Associate Pastor will be in-charge of all parish affairs. (Contact no. 323-372-4987),
9) According to the instructions given by the Archdiocese, determine by the pastor, Mass can be celebrated indoor/outdoors. All mass attendees must always wear face masks and maintain 6’ social distance. Parishioners who would like to attend Mass in-person, please continue to register.
We rely on the generosity of our parish community to be able to support our ministries, pay our staff and meet our financial obligations. Since the Sunday Mass has been suspended, we would appreciate anything that you can continue to do for your parish. You may make your donation using the following methods:
Via Postal Service:
Make check payable to: SBCCC
Address: 445 Cottage Home Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Via PayPal: Donation can be made through PayPal; the Parish’s account name is: email@example.com. For those not familiar with PayPal, click on the Donate button link on the Church’s website (https://home.stbridgetccc.com/), donation can be made with credit card. Remember to check the “share your mailing address with St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church” box if you desire to receive donation receipt at year end.
Via Bill Pay: Most banks have the “Bill Pay” feature. You may use this feature to make donation to the Parish. Add “St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church” as a new payee. Address: 445 Cottage Home Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Phone: 323 222 5518. Your bank will send a paper check to the Parish, saving you the trouble of writing and sending a check.
1) 誠心感謝天主及中華聖母使5月8 日的聖母進教之佑中心的動土禮完滿結束。我們亦多謝各位教友及恩人的支持。
2) 本堂特別恭賀今日在聖伯多祿意大利天主堂領受堅振聖事的青年Magdalene Kho, Catherine Wan, Michael Warsono, & Anika Wong 祈禱，祈求聖神時常與他們同在，在生活上帶領他們活出基督的精神，成為教會有力的見證。
3) 我們資深教友江王淑嫺於四月十七日返回父家﹐她的喪禮安排如下：五月十七日(星期一)下午二時三十分在Forest Lawn – Covina Hills舉行頌禱禮。
4) 羅省華人天主堂向區內居民的孩子提供獎學金，他們應時常參與教會活動並服務我們的教會團體。 符合條件的申請人應就讀高中（9至12年級）或大學學仕課程。 可以從林神父的辦公室獲取申請表格﹐或給Ken Dong電子郵件，電郵地址是kklace@sbcglobal.net。 將根據對羅省華人天主堂和社區的服務以及他們的學術成就來評估申請人。 所有感興趣的申請人都應提交簡短文章，說明他們對羅省華人天主堂和社區的服務以及這一切對他們的意義。
5) 『共襄福傳』:本年度，羅省華人天主堂的指定籌募目標為$10,165。希望各位教友鼎力支持。 請將捐款投入教堂專用奉獻箱, 或用支票, PayPal, Bill Pay 等方法 (請參考堂區通訊內的指引) 將捐款寄到本堂。
7) 本堂資深教友Ruby Louie於5 月4 日(星期二)返回父家。 她的喪禮安排如下：5月20日(星期四)上午8:30在本堂有念玫瑰經﹐踰越聖祭及辭靈禮﹐之後遺體移送往Glendale Forest Lawn安葬。
8) 林神父將于五月廿二日至廿五日前往三藩市,參加Bro. Peter Duc Le升六品執事禮。其間一切事務由副本堂龐秉輝神父處理(聯絡電話323-372-4987) 。
地址: 445 Cottage Home Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
捐獻經PayPal; 堂區的賬號是: firstname.lastname@example.org. 不熟識 PayPal 的教友, 可在堂區的網站 (https://home.stbridgetccc.com/)按 Donate button 即可。捐獻可用信用卡支付。如要年终的捐獻收據, 請在 “share your mailing address with St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church” 的小方格打勾。
經個人銀行支付 (Bill Pay):
大多銀行有網上付賬的功能. 教友可用此功能捐獻。 加 “St. Bridget Chinese Catholic Church” 入 新賬戶; 填上堂區地址: 445 Cottage Home Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. 電話: 323 222 5518 即可。 這個 功能有別於直接過賬, 只是銀行代你郵寄支票到堂區, 省卻你們的麻煩
Saints of this week
1) 5/18 (Tue): St. John I (Pope & Martyr)
2) 5/20 (Thu): St. Bernardine of Siena (Priest)
3) 5/21 (Fri): St. Christopher Magallanes (Priest and Companions (Mexican Martyrs)
4) 5/22(Sat): St. Rita of Cascia (Religious)
1) 5月18日(星期二): 聖若望一世(教宗﹐殉道)
2) 5月20日(星期四): 聖巴納丁 (司鐸)
3) 5月21日(星期五): 聖多福.麥哲倫 (司鐸及同伴)(墨西哥殉道)
4) 5月22日(星期六): 聖李達.加西亞 (修女)